Why Corporate Health?
Millions of workers in any given year will experience a work related injury or illness. Many cases result in lost work time, medical treatment, work restrictions or may require transferring to another job. There are many benefits to the promotion of Worksite health in your workplace.
Improved health, fitness & well being among staff means...
- Increased productivity, positivity & profitability in the work place
- Reduced workers compensation Premiums
- Increased recruitment potential
- Reduced absenteeism & disability time
- Increased morale & camaraderie
Benefits for the individual
- Improved health awareness
- Improved strength, mobility, fitness & energy
- Enhanced self-esteem, motivation and quality of life
- Increased job satisfaction
- Stress management strategies
The Bottom Line
The productivity of any organisation is linked to the health of its employee, and ultimately, the bottom line. There are an increasing number of research studies that indicate healthy employees are more productive and absent less often.
Recent research conducted by Medibank Private* found.
- Healthy employees are nearly 3 times more productive than employees with poor health
- Employees with poor health take up to 9 times more sick leave than their healthy colleagues
- Presenteeism and absenteeism is costing Australian business $10.11 billion annually
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics* In a 2008 study 61.4% of the adult population are overweight or obese.
When research shows that obese employees have a higher rates of absenteeism than their non-obese counterparts, it is beneficial to employers to encourage employees to lose weight & improve their health.